Thursday, November 1, 2007

Pirate's Booty...well, kids' Booty is more like it




The Loot...Need I say more?

Well, I will, of course. We made a 1 & 1/2 hour trek through the neighborhood last night. This was the first year in a long time, I think since Jacob was 2, that I took the kids trick-or-treating. We have usually gone to various church festivals, but this year decided to give the trick-or-treating thing a whirl. Was fun, but sure has changed since I was a kid.

People are nice enough but only give out one small treat or a roll of smarties (one roll) or a piece of gum. I mean, come on. These kids get all dressed up, are trained in the polite spiel of "trick or treat" and "thank you", their parents' feet hurt, and all these people can part with is one snack-size Snickers bar?

But, as you can see, we ended up with more than enough to go around, I actually did not have to carry Serenity, didn't lose any kids, no one got hurt, and I think we even had a little bit of fun.

Thank goodness it only comes once a year!

11 comments:

Family Adventure said...

I find it varies so much from house to house...some houses are extremely generous, and other houses...well, they're just not. Or maybe they're panicking because they don't have enough and are rationing. I don't know.

It looks like you did well regardless :)

And isn't it amazing how well the little ones do on Halloween? I always find it's the older one who complains of being tired, having sore feet, being hot, etc.

Heidi

niobe said...

What a great haul!

Anonymous said...

The "once-a-year" part- that's the part I like!

Karen MEG said...

Looks like quite the loot!

I know, I felt so cheap-o-la only giving out one candy at a time to those cuties after a while - they came in GANGS! We ran out way too fast this year!

Glad you had fun!

blooming desertpea said...

Wow, so much sweets - they already hurt my teeth just looking at them :)

thirtysomething said...

Yeah, I did not realize that people were probably rationing, although I saw very few treaters in our area. Guess I was just complaining!

Chaotic Joy said...

I am never sure how much to give, because our numbers vary from year to year, but we have tons of trick-or-treaters and I spent $40 on candy, plus a couple bags my girlfriend bought and I simply wasn't going out for more. So maybe they were worried they would run out like me.

Anyway, it looks like you got tons and I hope your kids had a wonderful time. I have been thinking of you all week.

Beck said...

Some people in our town get over 500 kids, so I don't blame them for getting stingy at all.

Kellan said...

I am so glad it's over - I am tired of Halloween - the kids love it, but it is exhausting. See ya.

painted maypole said...

my question is: does anyone really like tootsie rolls, or are they just the cheapest candy to buy?

we always give away chocolate.

mitzh said...

wow! That's a lot of sweet... yum!