So, Slouching Mom tagged anyone who wished to participate in the Stuart Smalley 10 physical attributes Meme'. Since I am just getting the hang of blogging, and still search for things about which I can blog and feel good about the result, I will take her up on her offer.
1) I have been told that I have feminine hands. Since I played the piano, I also discovered that my fingers were long and slender, which apparently is a good thing. At least pregnacy and childbirth has not changed that particular feature on my body.
2) I have friendly eyes.
3) I have a Big heart and by many this is considered a bad thing since I tend to wear my feelings on my sleeve and am very obvious about how I am affected by something or someone.
4) I am loyal and authentic. What you see is what you get.
5) I am a Real Friend, honest and compassionate, dependable and trustworthy . I will go the extra mile for my true friends, helping whenever physically possible, being there for support, whatever is needed.
6) I have high expectations of myself as a member of the female gender, as a mother, as a daughter, as a sister. The way I see it, without high expectations a person can become complacent and comfortable and fail to set new goals.
7) I consider myself to be a good mother. I did not use the word great, see above question. I learn from my children every day, they are incredible teachers and full of wisdom. I listen to my children. I am raising boys that, despite the lack of father figure, are turning out pretty o.k. I hope that, for my girls, I am providing them with a strong, female role model. Above all else,I teach my kids respect for themselves, others, and the environment because I consider this important beyond measure.
8)I really, really, really, really want to go skydiving. I crave adventure and the unpredictability of it. Shhhh, that is a secret. I don't want my kids to find that out!
9) I like my own space. I don't like someone else in my space for any reasons. I am listing this as a good thing, because I am running out of things to say and as long as someone maintains a certain awareness of my space, technically it can be a good thing.
10) I am affected by smells, fragrances, scents. Seriously affected. Sometimes in a good way, often in a bad way. Cooking aromas, perfumes, fragrances, etc. Certain fragrances make me want to run from the room frantically gasping for air. Many times I just give up and breathe through my mouth so as to save myself the trauma, although at times that can mean sacrificing the pleasure. Strange thing about me, I know, and not sure how it fits into good things, but nonetheless, is a fact.
Thanks Slouching Mom for the unofficial tag. For any of you who read my blog (and I know you are out there lurking) and have not yet visited SM's blog, look over to my blogroll, as I haven't yet been able to add a link within the text of my blogging, and check her out.