Wednesday, July 18, 2007

S'mores..in the microwave.

Huh? How does that work, you may ask.
Better yet, how does that taste ?
Well, my children and I were bound and determined to have s'mores yesterday.
Despite the fact that we weren't outside.
We are not on a camping trip.
We don't have a fire, so toasting the marshmallows is out of the question.
So, since the top element of the toaster oven is out (of course) we elected to use the microwave.
I was unsure at first, but as I watched my kids break their chocolate pieces, place them on the crackers, anticipate the melted, sticky reward, and pop the concoction into the machine, I saw them having fun.

Granted, the marshmallows were a bit chewy, the graham crackers kind of soft, and the chocolate was still hard in the middle..but buddy..s'more we had.

6 comments:

painted maypole said...

mmm... love me some s'mores. But they are not quite the same without that lovely browning effect that a good glowing ember give them.

Her Bad Mother said...

Oh, yum. I am TOTALLY going to try this!

blooming desertpea said...

Erm ... what exactly are s'mores? It seems there are still things I can learn ... :)

Anonymous said...

Great, now I'm hungry and craving chocolate! ;-)

S said...

That's called seizing the day. Good on you.

Chaotic Joy said...

Oh what a fun mom you are for letting them do this!